Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: An eBayer with Delusions of Grandeur...

  1. #1
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    I posted this on S8 Forum but forgot to login. Here's the original post:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=21165

    The price is kinda steep for that brand of camera, don't you think? Or are 16mm cine cameras that valuable?

    Tom

  2. #2
    Inactive Member seekaee's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2001
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you're looking for a decent 16mm Camera at a good price, check out a Krasnogorsk-3; you can get them on Ebay as low as $100 bucks. I have one and I'm pretty happy with it.

    I don't think that B&H camera package is worth spending $2k on. Especially, for the same price you could buy one of these [img]smile.gif[/img]

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4691

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 02, 2003 04:30 PM: Message edited by: seekaee ]</font>

  3. #3
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar
    I don't know who the seller in that $2,000 auction thinks he's fooling. As somebody pointed out on S8 Forum, the camera is supposedly so valuable yet it's on the floor!

    I've got two Bell & Howell 16mm cameras, one magazine-based, the other a model similar to the one being auctioned for $2,000. The cost of both of them amounted to $30 and they both work--or at least the motors do. I haven't bought any film yet to test how they work. The magazine-based camera I bought off a woman and the other I found gathering dust in the back of a thrift shop for $20.

    I can't see a silent wind-up 16mm designed-for-home-movie-use camera going for at most more than $200-$300 on eBay--and if you're going to pay that much, they had better be in mint condition and be accompanied with a variety of decent lenses. Some people will probably find the figures I cite above as being too much, too.

    Tom

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Actor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2000
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    But look at all the extras...
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    Leather carrying case, 6 filters with leather cases, original light meter, lens brush with brass case, range finder, AND...original Film Sound 202 projector and screen.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    ...and 7 speeds! Wow! I wonder if one of them is 24fps? D'ya think it's quiet enough for sound? After all, the Arriflex 16S is so noisy.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jefury's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2001
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bolex!!!!!

    Those H-16 cameras look so cool!! I don't know anything about them really. Except that they're clockwork.

    I've been looking at them in awe on ebay for so long now. The one's with the complete set - filters, filter holder, leather case, lenses - are so cool!! I'd love to walk down the street with one of those. But then again, I don't know anything about them.

    Jeffery

  6. #6
    Inactive Member filmspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Look man if you want a cool 16mm the k-3 is a low price camera check out this E-bay auction
    item #3004770626 under Photo&Optics:Film & camera : movie:camera section I know the camera and the seller you need to hurry the auction is all must over [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [email protected]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Roget's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2001
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ouch! Sure it includes a projector, but I'd much rather have an Arri 16S, or Bolex, or whatever else you can get for less than that, regardless of camera noise.

    I don't know what this seller's thinking. Sure, there's a certain retro element in this whole Super-8 thing, but not even close to this vintage documentary thing this seller's proposing.

    Yes, ridiculous in the nth degree.

    Roget

  8. #8
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The only spring wound Bell & Howell worth that much are the DR/HR and the Eyemo cameras. The DR/HR you can find like new at: www.alangordon.com same with the Eyemo. The motorized Eyemo sells for about $15,000.00 (gulp, not a misprint)...most of the DR, DL, HR and KRM cameras, sold as used, sell for $150-$350. There is also a high speed version that might fetch a good price. But this DL must be made of solid gold, with ruby sprockets....

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Jodes's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    16mm's for $100 US ya say? thats pretty darn good! I always thought 16mm's were atleast a grand each. i did a course on it at uni and we used three different types of cameras. I know the film costs $50AUS to buy per 500ft and another $50AUS to proccess and grade it over east (im from the west coast were thereis nothing!!!)
    Ill have to check ebay again!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •